Wednesday, May 28, 2014

10/24/2014 Script First Draft!

So it's been a month, but I haven't been idle. I finished a rough draft of the script and - while it's got a way to go - I'm pretty happy with it even now.

It's amazing how many things change as I'm writing - tone, character personalities, motivations, etc. - all of it is still evolving after this first pass. It's exciting to see it continue to develop.

One frustration is that I have no idea of how long the thing would be as written. It seemed like it would run over the 25 minute mark, so I cut out the gift giving part in the classroom, which was a little disappointing. I could be wrong about the run time, so maybe it will come back. Honestly, though, it had no real impact on the story once removed, so maybe not. I just liked the idea of the drowning mice.

I'm going to post images of the pages that I wrote in long hand because it will be interesting (to me, anyway) to see all the edits and such. From this point on I'll probably type it and not do it by hand. I'll have to remember to preserve edits later on so the history of the writing will be visible.

Other than that, I do have an actually paying gig coming up, so once again I might put Ned on the back burner for a month or so. We'll see.

































No comments:

Post a Comment